Thursday, April 26, 2007

Earth Day in Comox

Earth Day in B.C. Too cool

On Friday, I decide the head back to Comox. Ukee looks like a nice place, but I want to see more of the family before I go and the weekend is the best time...some people still work.

Breakfast on Friday morning is with a really nice German girl (Edith). My sister, Michelle picks me up at the bus terminal and it's off to dinner at a pub and a few beer, followed by a few hours of chatting. We are putting in the time talking, that's for sure.

Saturday, it's up for an early run, then it's off to see JoAnne and Kyle's new house, then take Livea off to the Farmer's Market and Earth Day, where I find out about a new type of very passive (non-electric) solar water heating. We spend some time in the park, then drive around some of the sites that Michelle bikes to, as Livea gets in her nap. Big dinner, a few beer, lots of chit-chat and call it a day

Sunday, I take the day off (could have gotten out for a Dragon Boat session) and just do some walking and sitting in the sun. Drop in on the brother (he has a nice place on the water and also has a boat that spent the winter IN the harbour...pics to follow in the Gonzo writeup later on). Brother wasn't home, left a message. Did the chores and bike stuff at my sisters. then made a visit to JoAnne's to chat with here, and see her father Jim, for the first time in 25+ years. He looked good. Michelle and I had another great dinner (Maxine came over for dessert), a few beer and swapped pictures, stories and checked out the family album she made for my Mom's 80th birthday. We may get some sort of family tree done yet. Talked with the brother for quite a bit on the phone. We'll re-connect on email later on.

Monday, I slogged all my gear (including all those un-used clothes and bike gear) the 5 kms to the bus station and made my way to Victoria. Met more of Becky's friends, including Maya's father, Jamie. The Vancouver Canucks were playing a Game7 (they won). Nice bbq and beer evening. Tomorrow, it's off to Saltspring.

Bruce

No comments: